For Immediate Release
Kim Beaudoin for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.
Wellington, FL – January 28, 2017 – Victory was awarded to Charlotte Jorst (USA) and Kastel’s Nintendo today in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Yeguada de Ymas, at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF).
Week three of the AGDF, which is held at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC), in Wellington, FL, and presented by U.S. PRE Association, will conclude on Sunday, January 29. The circuit resumes February 9-12 with the CDI5* presented by Diamante Farms; CDI 3*, presented by Wellington Equestrian Realty; and CDI 1*, presented by Engel & Völkers. The 2017 AGDF hosts seven CDI events, two CPEDI competitions, and national shows through March 25.
|Watch the video of Charlotte’s winning ride!|
Clinching the win today in the FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Yeguada de Ymas, was Charlotte Jorst and Kastel’s Nintendo, a 2003 Dutch Warmblood stallion (Negro x Rodieni R x Monaco) owned by Kastel Denmark, with a score of 72.941%.
|Charlotte Jorst and Kastel’s Nintendo|
“I don’t think I ever realized that it was this difficult, it’s been such a journey for me for so many years,” said Jorst of her decision to compete at the international level. “I was working and working, and I knew that I needed to do something. I turned 48 and I sold my company, and I set out to do this crazy thing. It is totally my passion.”
Commenting on Nintendo, Jorst said, “My favorite thing about him is his spirit. He just goes and goes. All of those years when I made mistakes, and I didn’t really know what I was doing, he just kept on going and kept trying to figure out what I was trying to ask of him. He still does that all of the time, and he is such a pal in the ring for me.”
|Charlotte Jorst and Kastel’s Nintendo in their winning presentation with judge Kristi Wysocki, Javier Bacariza of Yeguada de Ymas, Cora Causemann of AGDF, and Allyn Mann of Adequan.|
Placing second was Suzan Pape (GBR) and Harmony’s Don Noblesse, a 2007 Hanoverian stallion (Dancier x Descana x Don Davidoff) owned by Harmony Sporthorses, with a score of 71.980%. Third place was awarded to Juan Matute Guimon (ESP) and Quantico Ymas, a 2006 Hanoverian gelding (Fighting Fit x Hauptstutbuch) owned by Juan F Matute, with a score of 70.588%.
|Suzan Pape and Harmony’s Don Noblesse|
Earlier in the day Patricia Koschel (GER) and Leuchtfeuer DE, a 2003 Hanoverian gelding (Londonderry x Duene x De Niro) owned by Koschel, captured a win in the FEI Intermediate A for Amateur – CDI AM, sponsored by Horseware Ireland, with a score of 65.056%. The FEI Intermediate II for Amateur – CDI AM was won by Gabriela Stumpf (AUT) and Finally Love, a 2006 Oldenburg gelding (Farewell III x Winzerin x Harvard) owned by Stumpf, with a score of 67.842%. Gabriela Stumpf (AUT) and Stereo Love, a 2007 Hanoverian gelding (Sandro Hit x Lanzarote x Londonderry) owned by Stumpf, saw their second victory of the day in the FEI Prix St. Georges for Amateur – CDI AM, sponsored by Rowan O’Riley and Mane Stream, with a score of 68.105%. The win in the FEI Grand Prix 16-25 – CDI U25, sponsored by Diamante Farms, was awarded to Juan Matute Guimon (ESP) and Dhannie Ymas, a 2007 Hanoverian gelding (Don Crusador x Welina) owned by Yeguada de Ymas S.L., with a score of 66.558%.
|Juan Matute Guimon and Quantico Ymas|
Competition at the third week of AGDF will conclude tomorrow with a full schedule of classes, including the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle – CDI1*, followed by the FEI Junior Rider Freestyle – CDIJ, presented by the U.S. PRE Association. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, sponsored by Yeguada de Ymas
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Charlotte Jorst (USA), Kastel’s Nintendo, 2003 Dutch Warmblood stallion by Negro x Rodieni R x Monaco owned by Kastel Denmark: 71.373%, 72.647%, 74.118%, 71.667%, 74.902%, 72.941%
2. Susan Pape (GBR), Harmony’s Don Noblesse, 2007 Hanoverian stallion by Dancier x Descana x Don Davidoff owned by Harmony Sporthorses: 71.863%, 73.431%, 71.078%, 70.784%, 72.745%, 71.980%
3. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP), Quantico Ymas, 2006 Hanoverian gelding by Fighting Fit x Hauptstutbuch owned by Juan F Matute: 70.098%, 71.667%, 68.725%, 71.471%, 70.980%, 70.588%
4. Chase Hickok (USA), Sagacious HF, 1999 KWPN gelding by Welt Hit II x Judith x Cocktail owned by Hyperion Farm Inc.: 71.078%, 72.255%, 69.216%, 69.118%, 69.804%, 70.294%
5. Megan Lane (CAN), San D’Or, 2002 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Rosana M x Regazonni owned by Jill Irving: 68.627%, 72.549%, 69.216%, 68.922%, 70.686%, 70.000%
6. Kathrine Bateson Chandler (USA), Alcazar, 2005 KWPN gelding by Cantango x Polina owned by Jane Forbes Clark: 70.098%, 71.667%, 69.216%, 68.922%, 69.510%, 69.882%
7. Beatrice Marienau (USA), Stefano 8, 1999 KWPN gelding by Gribaldi x Gracia x Actueel owned by Beatrice Marienau: 68.627%, 70.392%, 69.118%, 69.608%, 65.980%, 68.745%
8. Holger Bechtloff (USA), Clapton JP, 2007 KWPN gelding by UB40 x Liana x Ramiro Z owned by Peggy Mills: 65.000%, 65.686%, 64.510%, 62.157%, 66.863%, 64.843%
Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle. These photos may only be used once in relation to this press release with credit.