Kim Beaudoin for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.
Wellington, FL – March 3, 2017 – Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA) and Lonoir climbed to the top of the leaderboard in Friday’s FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge, at the 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF).
|Watch the winning test for Olivia LaGoy-Weltz and Lonoir!|
AGDF 8, which runs from March 2-5, features the Palm Beach Dressage Derby CDI-W and FEI Grand Prix Freestyle, presented by Everglades Dressage; FEI Grand Prix and FEI Grand Prix Special, presented by Peacock Ridge, and the FEI Small Tour, presented by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center.
It was a successful day for LaGoy-Weltz and her own Lonoir, a 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding (De Noir x Lorani x Loran), as they captured the title in the FEI Grand Prix Special, presented by Peacock Ridge, with a score of 71.608%.
|Olivia LaGoy-Weltz and Lonoir|
The pair has had a successful week after Friday’s win and Thursday’s second place finish in the FEI Grand Prix CDI-W.
Of her ride, LaGoy-Weltz said, “He was definitely very hot in the warm-up today. He came out really cool, but then we got under the big American Flag flying and it cracked a few times, and after that we were off to the races. I was really pleased with how he settled, because he did get lit up right before we went in but he got his focus back once we were in the ring.
|Olivia LaGoy-Weltz and Lonoir in their winning presentation with Mary Anne McPhail of the Palm Beach Dressage Derby, PJ Rizvi of Peacock Ridge, Cora Causemann of AGDF, and judge Elke Ebert.|
“We haven’t done the Grand Prix Special much,” she continued. “We haven’t ridden it since last year really, when we were down here. I think he and I need to run through it a few times just so we know where we can add the power in.”
|Arlene Page and Woodstock|
Arlene Page (USA) and Woodstock, a 2003 KWPN gelding (Havel x Mirania x Contango) owned by Page, were awarded second place in the FEI Grand Prix Special with a score of 70.922%. Third place went to Shelly Francis (USA) and Danilo, a 2004 Hanoverian gelding (De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo) owned by Patricia Stempel, with a 68.980%.
|Shelly Francis and Danilo|
Competition at AGDF will continue tomorrow witha full schedule of classes, including the FEI Intermediaire I CDI 1*, presented by Vinceremos Therapeutic Riding Center, the Palm Beach Dressage Derby Final, presented by Yeguada de Ymas, and FEI Grand Prix Freestyle CDI-W, presented by Everglades Dressage. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix Special CDI-W, presented by Peacock Ridge
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Olivia LaGoy-Weltz (USA), Lonoir, 2004 Danish Warmblood gelding by De Noir x Lorani x Loran, owned by Olivia LaGoy-Weltz: 72.745%, 71.471%, 72.255%, 72.745%, 68.824%, 71.608%
2. Arlene Page (USA), Woodstock, 2003 KWPN gelding by Havel x Mirania x Contango, owned by Arlene Page: 70.686%, 69.902%, 70.588%, 72.843%, 70.588%, 70.922%
3. Shelly Francis (USA), Danilo, 2004 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Annabella x Andiamo, owned by Patricia Stempel: 69.216%, 69.412%, 68.725%, 70.490%, 67.059%, 68.980%
4. Beatrice Marienau (USA), Stefano 8, 1999 KWPN gelding by Gribaldi x Gracia x Actueel, owned by Beatrice Marienau: 67.549%, 67.647%, 71.275%, 68.529%, 67.745%, 68.549%
5. Megan Lane (CAN), San d’Or, 2006 Westfalen gelding by Sandro Hit x Pavarottie W x Cocktail, owned by Deer Ridge Equestrian: 68.431%, 69.118%, 68.529%, 66.863%, 66.765%, 67.941%
6. Christoph Koschel (GER), De Value, 2000 Hanoverian gelding by De Niro x Rigoletta x Ritual, owned by Carrie Schopf: 63.431%, 66.078%, 67.157%, 67.745%, 65.588%, 66.000%
7. Devon Kane (USA), Sir Galanto, 2005 Hanoverian stallion by Stedinger x De Niro, owned by Diamante Farms: 60.588%, 62.745%, 67.549%, 63.725%, 65.490%, 64.020%
8. Jami Kment (USA), Zania, 2004 KWPN mare by Sir Sinclair x Melody x Olympic Cocktail, owned by Jami Kment: 60.157%, 64.373%, 63.098%, 64.569%, 61.922%, 62.824%
Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle. These photos may only be used once in relation to this press release with credit.