Kim Beaudoin for Jennifer Wood Media, Inc.
Wellington, FL – January 12, 2017 – The 2017 Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) began its first day of competition at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center (PBIEC), in Wellington, FL, on Thursday with a win for Lisa Wilcox (USA) and Galant in the FEI Grand Prix sponsored by MTICA Farm. The first week at AGDF features CDI-W competition from January 12-15 and is presented by the AMCI Group to benefit Brooke USA.
Lisa Wilcox and her mount Galant, a 2006 Belgian Warmblood gelding (Escuro x Bellisima) owned by Jacqueline Shear, came out strong in their first performance of 2017 and earned a score of 71.340% to place them at the top of the leaderboard in the Global Arena.
|Lisa Wilcox and Galant|
Wilcox described her test, “I really liked the piaffe and passage, the extended work, (and) all of the trot work was lovely. The canter work got a little squirrely, it was a little up, so I lost my two (tempis). He got a little sensitive to my leg, so I got a couple of one (tempis) in my two tempi line and then just missed aiding correctly in my one tempi’s.”
Wilcox spent the summer with Galant training and working toward the upcoming season.
|Mikala Gundersen and My Lady|
The duo competed as the final Grand Prix ride of the day, earning positive scores from the judges to kick off their season.
|Megan Lane and Caravella|
Coming in second to Wilcox in the FEI Grand Prix CDI-W, sponsored by MTICA Farm, was Mikala Gundersen (DEN) and My Lady, a 2000 Danish Warmblood mare (Michellino x Marion x Ritterstern) owned by Janne Rumbough, with a 71.220%. Third place was captured by Megan Lane (CAN) and Caravella, a 2001 KWPN mare (Contango x P. Riviera xRiverman) owned by Megan Lane, with a score of 70.700%.
|Lisa Wilcox and Galant in their presentation ceremony with judge Henning Lehrmann (GER), Janne Rumbough of MTICA Farm, and Cora Causemann of AGDF.|
Earlier in the day, Christilot Boylen (CAN) and mount Rockeylane, a 2006 Westfalen mare (Rock Forever x Rica) owned by Christilot Boylen, captured a win in the FEI Prix St. Georges with a score of 68.289%.
Competition at AGDF will continue tomorrow with a full schedule of classes, including the FEI Intermediate II 16-25*, sponsored by Diamante Farms,before the start of the first “Friday Night Stars” FEI Grand Prix Freestyle CDI-W, presented by the AMCI Group to benefit Brooke USA, beginning at 7pm. For more information and to see a full list of results, visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Grand Prix CDI-W, presented by MTICA Farms
Place, Rider, Nationality, Horse, Horse Information: Judge E%, Judge H%, Judge C%, Judge M%, Judge B%, Total %
1. Lisa Wilcox (USA), Galant, 2006 Belgian Warmblood gelding by Escuro x Bellisima owned byJacqueline Shear: 72.100%, 72.200%, 69.700%, 71.400%, 71.300%, 71.340%
2. Mikala Gundersen (DEN), My Lady, 2000 Danish Warmblood mare by Michellino x Marion x Ritterstern owned by Janne Rumbough: 72.700%, 72.000%, 70.200%, 70.500%, 70.700%, 71.220%
3. Megan Lane (CAN), Caravella, 2001 KWPN mare by Contango x P. Riviera x Riverman owned by Megan Lane: 70.100%, 71.500%, 72.000%, 69.400%, 70.500%, 70.700%
4. Suzan Pape (GBR), Harmony’s Fiorano, 2005 Hanoverian gelding by Rousseau x Rawina x Rotspon owned by Harmony Sporthorses: 70.700%, 69.400%, 70.700%, 68.900%, 72.500%, 70.440%
5. Suzan Pape (GBR), Harmony’s Don Noblesse, 2007 Hanoverian stallion by Dancier x Descana x Don Davidoff owned by Harmony Sporthorses: 66.300%, 68.500%, 71.500%, 70.400%, 70.100%, 69.360%
6. Brittany Fraser-Beaulieu (CAN), All In, 2005 KWPN gelding by Tango x Leontine x Damiro owned by Brittany Fraser-Beaulieu: 69.500%, 69.100%, 69.400%, 67.000%, 71.400%, 69.280%
7. Juan Matute Guimon (ESP), Don Diego Ymas, 2003 Warmblood gelding by Don Frederico x Wie Platine x Wolkenstein II owned by Juan F Matute: 67.100%, 68.500%, 70.000%, 69.800%, 65.800%, 68.240%
8. Jill Irving (CAN), Degas 12, 2002 Warmblood gelding by De Niro x Rosana M x Regazonni owned by Jill Irving: 69.000%, 66.300%, 67.500%, 64.600%, 67.300%, 66.940%
Photo Credit: ©SusanJStickle. These photos may only be used once in relation to this press release with credit.